Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

DJ 5820 scanner issue xp64

HP DESKJET GT 5820
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

Hi, I have printer DeskJet GT 5820, installed manually using the cd & device manager on my system windows xp 64, th printer is working fine but my problem is the scanner, it is installed and present in the scanners and cameras folder but when I try to scan anything using scan wizard then it will give me error saying ( the scanning software could not be found. Please make sure  your scanner and scanning software are probably installed). Please anyone can help me.

4 REPLIES 4
mshehhix Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Any help is appreciated 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,266 17,117 1,140 1,790
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mshehhix,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your printer and see that the full feature software is not available for Windows XP and this is the reason why you are facing issues scanning.

I recommend you use Microsoft paint or Windows Fax and Scan software to scan from your computer.

Here is how it is done.

• Microsoft Paint (All Windows versions): Search Windows for paint, and then open the Paint desktop app. Click File or the menu icon, and then click From scanner or camera.
  • Windows Fax and Scan (All Windows versions): Search Windows for fax to open the desktop app, and then click New Scan.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c03466081

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

mshehhix Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your responce, the full feature software is availble but only for xp 32 bit, but what I need is for xp 64 bit which is unavailable, I used the cd to install all drivers manualy and the printer works great however the scanner although driver installed correctly and showed up in the control panel \ scanners folder, it didn't work, it gives error message that its not connected.

I used microsoft paint, and windows fax and scan but they didn't work,and even tried third party software but still the same  problem.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,266 17,117 1,140 1,790
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mshehhix,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

The minimum Windows system requirement for this printer is Windows Vista and above.

Please refer to the below link for the printer specifications.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-deskjet-gt-5820-all-in-one-printer-series/8109015/document/c...

I recommend you update the operating system on the computer or install the printer on a computer which has Windows Vista or above operating system.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation