Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 3755
macOS 10.13 High Sierra
When I scan a document to file (jpeg, pdf) using my DeskJet 3755 I can see the document in the scanner window on my MacBook with “No document loaded” error on shown on top of the scanned image. I’m not able to use or save the scanned image.

I’ve seen other posts about this issue but have yet to find an answer. This is not a flat bet scanner (seems like some HP employees responded with confusion in the past) the document is fed into the front of the printer to scan.

Mac High Sierra 10.13
PrinterProxy 13.4
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Mini1515

Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! 

I understand that your printer is not picking up the paper while scanning, I will be delighted to assist you here.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• Did you do any changes to the printer?

Meanwhile, perform a power reset on the printer.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Check if you are loading the paper in the input tray properly.

1. Raise the input tray and the input tray extender.

Figure : Raising the input tray and the input tray extender

Raising the input tray and the input tray extender
  2. Pull the input tray shield back and hold it, slide the paper width guide all the way to the left, and then release the input tray shield.

Figure : Sliding the paper width guide to the left

Sliding the paper width guide left
  3. Load up to 60 sheets of plain white paper into the input tray, and then slide the stack of paper down until it stops.

Figure : Loading plain white paper

Loading plain white paper
  4. Pull the input tray shield back and hold it, slide the paper width guide to the right until it stops at the edge of the paper, and then release the input tray shield.

Figure : Sliding the paper width guide right

Sliding the paper width guide right
  5. Pull out the output tray and the output tray extender, and then lift the paper catch.

Figure : Pulling out the output tray and extender and lifting the paper catch

Pulling out the output tray and extender and lifting the paper catch

If the issue persists, try the steps mentioned in this HP document:- https://hp.care/2JUQHkS

If this helps, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos for my efforts to help.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
No, that is not the problem. The paper goes through the scanner just fine. The document scans and I can see the scanned document on my laptop in the scanner window. However, over the document is an error message that reads “NO DOCUMENT LOADED”. The error will not clear and I’m not able to edit or save the scanned document.
HP Recommended

@Mini1515

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I understand the issue better now.

Update the printer firmware:

Refer this HP document to update the printer firmware:- https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue. Scanned the document just fine.  I can see it on the preview screen on my Macbook however there's no option to save it and it says "no document loaded" right over the loaded and scanned document.  ???

HP Recommended

@HiNaomi, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What model HP printer are you using?

Which version of macOS are you using?

Which application are you using to scan from your mac?

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click here to know how.

Use HP Easy Scan or Apple Image capture and check if the issue persists.

Refer to this document to know how.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.