Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4632
Microsoft Windows XP

Thanks for your help. I did add an update that the error code was note appearing anymore after I reinstalled the cartridges. . Since my black cartridge was almost empty, I decided to see if installing new ink cartridges would make a difference. I did a hard reset and installed the new cartridges. Now the printer is stuck on the " Now printing alingnment page ... " message. I've also tried your soft reset and that makes no difference. The Cancel button dosen't work. None of the buttons on the printer do anything. But the Power button will Shut it down.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @W8n4dLectrishn,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Officejet 4632 e-All-in-One Printer wherein it gets stuck on the message " Now printing alignment page ... ".

This issue could be a hardware issue with the unit.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

Please follow the step by step guide to reset the printer: 

1.Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
2.Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
3.With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
4.Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
5.Wait at least 60 seconds.
6.Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
7.Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
8.Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
9.Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Rainbow 23   Unfortunately, after following your instructions, it still asked to load paper and press Continue. Then it is still stuck on Now printing alignment page...

HP Recommended

@W8n4dLectrishn

Thanks for the reply.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I have sent the required information in private message.

Cheers

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your advice although it did not solve the problem. I also received the same advice from Mr. Robot with a slightly different key combination which also did not work. All in one still stuck on Now printing alignment page...

HP Recommended

Hi! @W8n4dLectrishn, I am the MrRobot. It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after performing semi full reset on your printer.

It looks to be a hardware issue with the printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So having ascertained that this is a hardware problem, then uninstalling and reinstalling won't solve anything? Also, the link you provided is just a list of problems associated with keywords in my Subject. Am I supposed to hear back from anybody? It just said

Our web team will use your valuable feedback to improve the search experience.

HP Recommended

@W8n4dLectrishn, thanks for your quick response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

Once you contact HP you have to be on the line until the IVR says you that it will connect you to a representative.

So try calling again and check if you are able to contact.

I'll watch your reply!

Take Care! 🙂 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.