Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
M479fdw
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Hello 

We recently purchased an HP MFP M479fdw printer, it was set to forward incoming faxes to a Shared network folder. For a week everything was fine, then it randomly stopped forwarding the faxes to the Network folder. Our IT guy had a look & reset the printer & set the forwarding incoming Fax to a network folder. After a week it again stopped working. I spent a  number of hours with HP support over the phone & also with IT providers to find a solution. No-one was able to identify the problem and provide a solution. 

We still receive and send faxes at printer level. The only issue is with forwarding incoming faxes to a network folder

Our shared folder is located on the server which has MS Server 2016 installed. Our capable IT provider checked for any issues with firewall & network permissions, everything looks fine. 

I have had high regard for HP products, and I recommended our medical center to purchase HP printer for the reception but this time, I am very disappointed. 

HP support over the phone is not up to my expectation in finding a solution

Please help !!

Thank you 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.