Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officeject Pro 8500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The document freezes after feeding anywhere between 7 to 15 pages, and 2 pages at times.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Bankerr

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this happen while copying/scanning from the scanner glass too?

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

1. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  3. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  4. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  6. NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Dust or paper residue on the rollers or separator pad inside the ADF can cause paper feed issues.

1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth, or any cloth that will not come apart or leave fibers

• Distilled, filtered, or bottled water (tap water might damage the product)

2. Remove the stack of paper from the document feeder tray.

Figure : Remove the paper from the document feeder tray

Illustration of removing paper from the document feeder tray
  3. Press the Power button () to turn off the product.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

5. Lift the cover of the ADF, and then find the rollers and the separator pad.

Figure : Location of the ADF rollers and separator pad

1. ADF rollers

2. Separator pad

6. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

7. Use the damp cloth to wipe any residue off of the rollers and the separator pad.

Figure : ADF rollers

Photograph of ADF rollers

Figure : ADF separator pad

Photograph of ADF separator pad
  8. Dry the rollers and separator pad with a dry, clean, lint-free cloth.

9. Close the cover of the ADF.

10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

11. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

12. Reload the original document print side up in the document feeder tray.

Figure : Reload the original document

Illustration of reloading the original document
  13. Try to perform the task again.

Also, let's do a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Betty0610,

It does not freeze when using the glass copying or scanning.

I've tried everything you've suggested several times.  Is there possibly another solution to try?

Many thanks,

HP Recommended

This could be an issue with the Document Feeder then. I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.