Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
MFP M281fdw

I just got a new MFP M281fdw and am trying to scan a multiple page document using the document feeder.  The document feeder works when I use the copy function, but isn't working with the scan function.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Briggs57

Glad to have you back.

You may attempt the steps as suggested for the Windows operating system and keep me posted on the results.

Eager to help! 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Briggs57

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw printer and you would like to know how to scan multiples pages to one file. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.

Could you let me know what operating system you're using?

During my research, I came across the following documents that explain how to scan multiple pages to one file depending on the operating system you're using:

• For Windows - Refer to "How do I save multi-page documents or multiple photos into a single PDF file?" from this HP document.
  • For Mac OS - Refer to "How do I save multi-page documents or multiple photos into a single PDF file?" from this HP document.

I hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have Windows 10.

HP Recommended

@Briggs57

Glad to have you back.

You may attempt the steps as suggested for the Windows operating system and keep me posted on the results.

Eager to help! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you for the instructions.  I had been trying to scan using the touch screen on the printer and it would only scan from the scanner glass.  By going to the HP printer assistant on windows I was able to make it scan from the feeder.  It would be nice to just be able to use the touch screen on the printer, but this solution will work for me. 

HP Recommended

@Briggs57

You're most welcome. 🙂

I'm glad that the scanning is working. I understand that you would like to scan from the printer front panel to the computer. 

In order to enable scan to PC option, please follow the below steps:

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that you “Enable” Scan to Computer. Also, make sure the tab “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows” is checked if you want to make this feature permanent. (the following video will show you how)

Click here to access the user guide.

Hope this helps. It is an honor to share this platform with you. 

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Getting no feed when scanning; copy feed works

Scan function works using the glass, but of course only one page at a time

HP Recommended

Just installed the HP software for the Envoy Photo printer 7858 (brand new printer purchased within last two weeks)

HP Recommended

Same problem. I don’t see a document feeder option when trying to scan from Easy Scan (Mac OS 10.4.5)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.