02-09-2018 02:30 PM
I just got a new MFP M281fdw and am trying to scan a multiple page document using the document feeder. The document feeder works when I use the copy function, but isn't working with the scan function.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-11-2018 02:38 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw printer and you would like to know how to scan multiples pages to one file. I'll be glad to assist you with this case.
Could you let me know what operating system you're using?
During my research, I came across the following documents that explain how to scan multiple pages to one file depending on the operating system you're using:
- For Windows - Refer to "How do I save multi-page documents or multiple photos into a single PDF file?" from this HP document.
- For Mac OS - Refer to "How do I save multi-page documents or multiple photos into a single PDF file?" from this HP document.
I hope this information helps. Feel free to keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂
02-11-2018 04:19 PM
Glad to have you back.
You may attempt the steps as suggested for the Windows operating system and keep me posted on the results.
Eager to help! 🙂
02-11-2018 08:28 PM
Thank you for the instructions. I had been trying to scan using the touch screen on the printer and it would only scan from the scanner glass. By going to the HP printer assistant on windows I was able to make it scan from the feeder. It would be nice to just be able to use the touch screen on the printer, but this solution will work for me.
02-12-2018 04:16 PM
You're most welcome. 🙂
I'm glad that the scanning is working. I understand that you would like to scan from the printer front panel to the computer.
In order to enable scan to PC option, please follow the below steps:
1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that you “Enable” Scan to Computer. Also, make sure the tab “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows” is checked if you want to make this feature permanent. (the following video will show you how)
Click here to access the user guide.
Hope this helps. It is an honor to share this platform with you.