Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
inkjet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My document feeder won't work whe I try to scan something.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @jerrykoon

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to scan from the ADF on your Officejet 4650 printer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you able to make a copy using the ADF?

May I know the application you are using to scan?

After you place a document on the ADF, do you get a prompt on your printer? (Original loaded or document detected.)

Once the originals are loaded on the printer and when you select the option to scan on the computer, make sure to select the source as document feeder and try to scan. 

Please refer to this HP Article and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
It fed through doc feeder on copy, but not scan. I tried pressing the second icon from left at bottom of printed display, no help. Just scans a blank page.
HP Recommended

Hi @jerrykoon, 

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it works

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.