Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (86 Views)

Document feeder won't feed when scanning.

Product Name: inkjet 4650
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My document feeder won't work whe I try to scan something.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (67 Views)

Re: Document feeder won't feed when scanning.

Greetings @jerrykoon

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to scan from the ADF on your Officejet 4650 printer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Are you able to make a copy using the ADF?

May I know the application you are using to scan?

After you place a document on the ADF, do you get a prompt on your printer? (Original loaded or document detected.)

Once the originals are loaded on the printer and when you select the option to scan on the computer, make sure to select the source as document feeder and try to scan. 

Please refer to this HP Article and let me know how it goes. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (51 Views)

It fed through doc feeder on copy, but not scan. I tried pressing the second icon from left at bottom of printed display, no help. Just scans a blank page.
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (39 Views)

Hi @jerrykoon, 

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it works

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation