Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6830
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I need to make 2-sided copies of 2-sided originals and would like to do it through the feeder. I thought it was feasible on this printer, but seem to be having problems. What are the settings, or does this not do 2 sided originals?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi jojod10175,

I understand that you want to copy and print 2 sided paper.

Sorry to inform you that this printer has no 2 sided copies through the feeder.

If you want to do so, may I suggest that you scan the both side of the original to a pdf first and then print from the pdf file with duplex printing.

I hope this information is helpful. 

iPeter

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello Jojod10175,

As per HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer User Guide on the following link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04381179

Copy settings
You can customize copy jobs using the various settings available from the printer control panel.
In the Copy menu, touch (Copy Settings) and change the desired settings.
● Two-Sided

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I would like to assist you today with 2-sided copying on your HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer. Now, because your machine actually doesn't have a duplex assembly in the Automatic Document Feeder, what you need to do is the following:

1. Load page 1 on the flatbed glass on your printer
  2. Select the Copy menu
  3. Select the 1:2 sided option
  4. Choose Black or Colour copy
  5. The first page will copy and you will receive the prompt on the display of your printer to load page 2
  6. Lift the flatbed cover and ensure that page 2 is face down on the flatbed glass
  7. Select OK on the screen of your printer
  8. The copied page will automatically feed back into the printer and the second page will be duplex copied.

If you would like to automatically duplex (2-sided) copy documents using the Automatic Document Feeder than you will need a printer that has a duplex Automatic Document Feeder.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! Good luck! Smiley Happy Thank you for using HP support Forums

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue... "
HP Recommended

Hi jojod10175,

Officejet 6830 doesnot support automatic 2-sided ADF copy. 

If you would like to do 2-sided copy, you need to do it manually either through flatbed or ADF by manually feeding both original and output.

Please "Thumbs Up" to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Thanks -- that's what I've been doing. I was hoping that I could do something else to save time, but I fear that was my old HP that allowed me to do that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.