Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Scanjet 2400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, could you please help me, i have a Scanjet 2400 and i already talk to HP support and they told me that they have only Driver for Windows 7 or i should instal some universal Driver. Does anybody know if there is other solution or some Free universal Driver for Windows 10. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Please if its not clear what i mean let me know in the comment. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello SamiYoussif,

I finally got around to upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro a couple of weeks ago and ran into the same problem. The Scanjet 2400 installation disc would not even load under Win 10 - it just generated an error message. The following easy solution worked for me, without the need to buy 3rd party software.

1. Download the Win 7 Scanjet 2400 installation file from HP at the following address:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01936142?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

Click on the software utility/driver link to download it to the location of your choice.

2. Navigate to the file, right click on it, and select Properties.

3. Click on the Compatibility tab.

4. Check the box under Compatibility mode, then select Windows 7 from the drop-down list if not already selected.

5. Click Apply, then OK

6. Open the file and install it the way you normally would.

After installation, I went back and un-installed the HP Photosmart  app, since I have never used it. You only need the HP Solution Center app to do scanning.

Also, my computer was a new build, which did not start with Scanjet 2400 software already on it. If you upgraded to Win 10 on a disc that already had Scanjet software on it, you may have an even easier solution. Try navigating to the executable file ("C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqdirec.exe") and follow the same Compatibility procedure as above - if it doesn't work, then follow the new installation procedure.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.