Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Easy Scan app

OfficeJet Pro 8720
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi all,

Since upgrading to Catalina I cannot get the Easy Scan to work as it did with Mojave. The app cannot recognise whether a document is on the flat bed or the document feeder, even if the automatic setting is checked. The assistance from HP here in Hong Kong is poor (even after explaining that I have Catalina I was asked if I have a Mac!).

I cannot find any email to ask HP, who blame Apple and I am sure Apple are likely to blame HP. Does anyone have the same issue & is there a fix? 

I can scan but need to select where the document is situated (feeder or flat bed) using 'edit settings' or using the printer/scanner settings in Preferences. However, it would be great if the app just worked as it ought to.

Lastly, after downloading the Easy Start software yesterday, on the advise of HP, I see, after a restart of my Mac, that the HP Utilities folder has disappeared! It did tell me that it installed successfully though?? Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
26,119 25,845 4,618 10,109
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Easy Scan app

Hi,

HP Easy Scan is not currently supported in Catalina, it will be supported in the future, both HP and Apple are working closely to resolve it:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06455960

Till it will be resolved with a future update, you may use Image Capture as a workaround.

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation