Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7520 multi-function printer
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Using file size varies high to lowfile size varies high to lowMac Mohave and HP Easy Scan on 7520 printer. Easy Scan fixed an inability to save recently, but when I look at the list of pictures I scanned, the file size varies from MBs (good quality) to KB (bad quality). It is also using a 200 resolution which I'd like to change to 300 for printing quality, but can't find out how.  I want the highest quality scans possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To summarize:

If I edit settings settings from preset general purpose to 300 resolution, and crop to "none" and rescan and manually crop when the scan yields multiple pieces, I can get a high quality scan file in one piece.  This has to be reset every time the program is closed and reopened. Have not found a way to retain my changed settings for future scanning sessions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I see now that my settings changed overnight on their own. Yesterday all my scans were good. However, Now when I change resolution to 300 and maximize for picture quality in the user defined settings, I am getting the picture in 2 pieces, or just getting a tiny sliver of the picture and missing the actual picture.  What could cause this?

HP Recommended

Changing the crop to "none" does give me a full single picture scan, although I then have to do my own cropping. And the need to do this is not on every scan. Very inconsistent.

HP Recommended

To summarize:

If I edit settings settings from preset general purpose to 300 resolution, and crop to "none" and rescan and manually crop when the scan yields multiple pieces, I can get a high quality scan file in one piece.  This has to be reset every time the program is closed and reopened. Have not found a way to retain my changed settings for future scanning sessions.

HP Recommended

@weatherfield

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, update the software on MAC

Click here to know how.

1. Open HP Easy Scan, and then make sure your printer is selected from the Scanner drop-down menu.

2. Open the Presets drop-down menu, edit settings

3. Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 1.30.50 PM.png

4. Change the Type from Automatic to Picture.

5. Change scan settings, such as orientation, color mode, resolution on this window as required.

6. Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 1.30.21 PM.png

7. Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 1.36.12 PM.png

8. Click Done to save the presets for this scan job.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar, in general this is what I did do to create my own solution. However, I realized that the solution only applies to the existing scan session. Next time I open Easy scan, I have to reset settings again. I didn't change the general settings, only those for pictures.  Thanks for trying to help.

HP Recommended

@weatherfield

If the settings are changed and saved for Pictures under presets, the next time you try to scan make sure to choose the same option under preset.

Once the settings have been changed, scan a document to save the settings.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.