Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 4500
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I just got an Envy 4500 and have read so many different forums relating to not being able to scan with Catalina macOSX. I have tried using HP Smart, HP Easy Scan, Image Capture. I have tried using the online printer webpage, as well. I have even tried downloading the HP Smart app on my phone and scanning but no luck. Every time I try to scan, the printer says "now scanning..." and that's it. When I hit cancel it won't even cancel so I just have to turn the printer off. This printer won't copy either. It takes in a piece of paper, but it does not actually copy anything. I lifted the cover to see if it is trying to copy, and the arm that goes across went from left to right, but when it went to go back (with the light on to copy) it just stops and goes back to the right. It flashes the light on for a second and then goes back. It feels like I have tried everything. Is there a successful workaround or a fix??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@bjavila1409

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

I appreciate all your efforts and expertise in troubleshooting this issue

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.