Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Envy 7640 is connected to my home wireless network.   I can print wirelessly with no problem.   When I scan in a document to send to email I go through all steps successfully and it says that my scan is being sent to email.   No error messages, no problems except the scan never shows up in my email account.   I have also checked by spam folder and not there either.  Can anyone suggest what the problem might be.   Using a MACbook Pro OS X 10.9.5 and also an ipad with iOS 10.0.2.

I am scanning using the printer's front panel.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pamela_H, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to scan to iPad from the printer.

Please click on Scan to iPad to open the web document.

Let me know if this works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Regards,

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Pamela_H,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out. 

As I understand that you are facing issues with your HP Envy 7640 wherein you are unable to scan to email as the scanned email does not appear in the inbox.

I have a few steps where you can scan to computer and then attach the same to your email.

Please follow the steps provided below:

1. Open HP Utility.
  2. Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer and/or your iPad
  3. Ensure that Enable Scan to Computer is selected
  4. Open the Email Client (yahoo or outlook) and then attach the scanned image.

Let me know how that works.
Regards,

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  Your solution is a good workaround for my MacBook Pro.   I can successfully scan to my laptop and then attach my document to an email.   However,  my husband has an iPad and we share this printer.   He relies on the scan to email function so his documents can be scanned and downloaded to his iPad.    We have both used scan to email in the past and it has worked but for some reason it no longer works.     Do you have a workaround for an iPad user who needs to scan to computer/email.      Any idea why scan to email appears to be successful but is never actually received in our email accounts?

HP Recommended

@Pamela_H, thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you want to scan to iPad from the printer.

Please click on Scan to iPad to open the web document.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

@Rainbow23   Thank you so much for your help.  I had the HPAiO app on my phone but forgot to add it to my iPad.   Works beautifully now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.