Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I've a HP PSC 2210 and it has always worked fine. Lately I changed from Win XP to Win 7 and even this gave no problems. Scanning, prining and cpying, even faxing went well. But this week I had to scan a document and whatever I tried I get an error message or even nothing.,

I've been trying to restore the drivers but nothing works. And even when I use anothe computer I still get the samne message!

But what is even stranger, when I took my laptop (with Win7 Ultimate) to a friend with the same scanner, I got the same errormessage. And believe me or nit, connecting it again to his computer (with Win 7 Home) there was no problem at all.

Please, Who can solve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here's the final solution. All the other answers didn't solve the problem. So I did a try my selves again. After searching the internet I really found the final solution and indeed, at the moment I can Print, Fax ans Scan again with my PSC.

Well what was the solution? It was very simple; so simple I didn't realized it.

The WIA service in Windows7 was turned off. And what ever I tried I could not got it turned on. So I looked further. And found out that the "Shell HW detect" service also was turned off. After turning it on (auto) the WIA service also started and......... everything was working fine. 

Don't ask my what this problem caused, for I do not know. But the thing I know for sure is that the problem now is solved. 

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Downloaded and reinstalled printer, but can not scan get error message 0x00000015. I am using windows 7, but printer is several years old. Any suggestions? 

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, I have the HP photosmart C4680? Can print just can't scan anything:(

@chorse wrote:

Downloaded and reinstalled printer, but can not scan get error message 0x00000015. I am using windows 7, but printer is several years old. Any suggestions? 

HP Recommended

I found this artical at Wiki-Errors that point to a tool that should fix the error automatically.  According to the artical, the error is caused by a corruption in the Windows system files.  Hope this artical helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Here's the final solution. All the other answers didn't solve the problem. So I did a try my selves again. After searching the internet I really found the final solution and indeed, at the moment I can Print, Fax ans Scan again with my PSC.

Well what was the solution? It was very simple; so simple I didn't realized it.

The WIA service in Windows7 was turned off. And what ever I tried I could not got it turned on. So I looked further. And found out that the "Shell HW detect" service also was turned off. After turning it on (auto) the WIA service also started and......... everything was working fine. 

Don't ask my what this problem caused, for I do not know. But the thing I know for sure is that the problem now is solved. 

HP Recommended

Good information.  I'm glad you came back to post it for everyone.  I hope this helps a lot of folks with the same problem.  Thanks.  :generic:

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Unless you have a very technical knowledge of system support, it is, in fact impossible to refer to your reply support.

Sorry, 

MYG

HP Recommended

i have  an epson stylus color printer dx 5000 series and my laptop is bought in2010. my aptop is a hp model. my printer scanner is on is connected with my laptop and i have unistall the printer and i have dounload and register back the printer's drivers and also i install the printer. after all my hp continues, when  i ask him to do some job with my scanner(epson) to post me an error message "0x00000015 the appliance is not ready.what i have to do

HP Recommended

How do you turn on the Wia and the Shell HW detect ..thank you

HP Recommended

Hi angelblue,

I understand you would like to know how to enable the WIA and Shell HW detect on your computer. Please follow the steps listed below:

1. Go to your Start Menu and type in services.msc press Enter

2. You will notice 2 tabs at the bottom Extended and Standard, please select Standard

3. Now look for the Shell HW Detect (List is alphabetical) Right click and select Stop

4. Find Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Right click and select Stop

5. Now you can go ahead and start both of those services by Right clicking and selecting Start

Please let me know if this was successful for you, or if you require more assistance.

Happy New Year & Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.