Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

The printer copies and prints ok but when I press  the Start Fax button I get the Error 49 message, I updated the firmware but the issue still there. I'm told the formatter board has more than likely failed and it's out of warranty so I have to pay to get it repaired. Has anyone had this  same issue and managed to get it repaired for free, as I had a similar problem with a P2015 laser printer and it was fixed for free out of warranty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is something that you can do but it will delete all your current settings which include fax numbers, names, stored fax, etc. You need to  perform a restore factory defaults.

On the control panel press Setup>Services>OK>Restore defaults>OK

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

There is something that you can do but it will delete all your current settings which include fax numbers, names, stored fax, etc. You need to  perform a restore factory defaults.

On the control panel press Setup>Services>OK>Restore defaults>OK

Regards,
affableLJ
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
HP Recommended

Restoring the default works. I can not send fax and probably receive as well (have not tested incoming). Even the tax dialing tones sound normal whereas before it sounded fainted and static.

Thanks for the tip!

HP Recommended

Sorry typo. It NOW works!

HP Recommended

please is there someone tat can help me in italian regarding the  Error 49 on Laserjet M1522nf: I can't send and receive faxes... please it's very urgent, it's a job problem... my e-mail is:{Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

Hello stella76

Did you try the solution provided above by affableLJ it seemed to have resolve the Error 49 for several people.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem until today when my laserjet wont even get past initializing so I can't restore the defaults. I have tried many times unplugging and replugging, which worked off and on yesterday, but not today. It just keeps clicking and whizzing and then stops at 4 arrows on the screen.

Can anyone help please?

HP Recommended

I did a total reset, but it did not help. I still get a 49 error message. Is there anything else to try to correct this problem? Why did it stop working.

HP Recommended

It did not work om my machine.

HP Recommended

Error 49, machine does not get past attempting to initialize.

There is no SETUP button on this machine to access  reset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.