Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 7720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to setup Scan to Computer and Scan to Email.   The when browsing to the printer's IP address to get to the Embedded Web Server app, I hit the Scan option and I see this error message:  "You cannot use this function because it has been disabled. For more information, contact the person who set up the printer.".   I've run the HP Scan and Print doctor software a few times and no issues are raised.   I've restarted my router, printer and PC  and still get this error message.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mwrkr

A couple of places to check for allowing the scan function, neither of which are DIRECTLY related to setting up Scan to Email.

NOTE:  The print and scan doctor, to my knowledge, knows nothing about Scan to Email settings.  The tool can find and correct various other issues, including network and driver problems.

• Enable Scan to Computer
  • Check / Adjust Printer Administrator Settings in EWS

On the computer, enable the Scan to Computer feature.

Scan_to_computer_1Scan_to_computer_1 

and / or

In the Embedded Web Server (EWS),  applications / configuration settings can be enabled / disabled in Settings.

Be aware, that this setting is adjacent to, and is NOT the same thing, as setting / managing the printer password.

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

tab Security > Administrator Settings

EWS_Security_Admin-Settings_1EWS_Security_Admin-Settings_1  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@mwrkr

A couple of places to check for allowing the scan function, neither of which are DIRECTLY related to setting up Scan to Email.

NOTE:  The print and scan doctor, to my knowledge, knows nothing about Scan to Email settings.  The tool can find and correct various other issues, including network and driver problems.

• Enable Scan to Computer
  • Check / Adjust Printer Administrator Settings in EWS

On the computer, enable the Scan to Computer feature.

Scan_to_computer_1Scan_to_computer_1 

and / or

In the Embedded Web Server (EWS),  applications / configuration settings can be enabled / disabled in Settings.

Be aware, that this setting is adjacent to, and is NOT the same thing, as setting / managing the printer password.

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

tab Security > Administrator Settings

EWS_Security_Admin-Settings_1EWS_Security_Admin-Settings_1  

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you Dragon-Fur!   You solution worked!

HP Recommended

@mwrkr

You are welcome.

Have to love it when a plan comes together.  Smiling.

Happy 2019!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

When I try to select Security and then Administrator Settings, a window pops up that reads "you are being redirected to a secure HTTPS-enabled version of this page.  When I select OK, It opens to an error window with a red triangle with an exclamation mark in the red triangle, that reads "Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from [ENTER IP ADDRESS] (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). 

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Why is it doing this?  I am simply trying to set up my Scan to Email function on my HP Officejet 6958.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.