Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 6950
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After saving a pdf with the HP Scan and Capture software and then opening the item in a PDF application (PDF-XChange Editor) I receive the error message "Error loading object: misaligned object".  The warning goes away if I save and reopen the pdf.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@joemaine

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are unable to open the scanned file in PDF, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried updating the Abobe?

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

However, I suggest you using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

The HP Smart app includes tools to print, scan, check ink levels, and set up your printer on a wireless network.

Use this link: https://hp.care/2hmgdBr to install and use HP Smart app

Keep me posted, how it goes! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I won't use adobe. I've tried multiple pdf readers (and folks I've sent pdf's to find an error - mentioned in my first post). I am using the Windows 10 app (scan and capture) it was just installed. The PC is a HP 800 G1.

HP Recommended

@joemaine

Thanks for the reply,

I see that the printer and the scan and capture is working fine.

Try scanning a different file from a different application and check if the PDF editor works fine.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

NO...NO...NO!!!

The scan and capture is NOT running correctly. The pdfs that are produced have errors.

HP Recommended

@joemaine

Thanks for the reply,

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

If you have Windows 10 or 8, download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor specifically created to help with printer offline conditions. Skip to the next step if your computer does not have Windows 10 or 8.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

4. Click Fix Printing.

If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and retry, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows 

12.) Close Devices and Printers

Then, Click on this link: https://hp.care/2MN56Nx to download and install it.

Keep Me posted, how it goes:)

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I've tried the Print and Scan Doctor. It doesn't do anything for the Windows 10 Scan and Capture App. When I scan from the Printer Assistant I don't receive the error. There is clearly a bug in the HP Scan and Capture App as it still generates errors in the final pdf. The problem with using the Printer Assistant to access the scan utility is that it takes too long to load. Is there a shortcut that can open up the scan utility in the Printer Assistant without having to go through all of the other settings?

HP Recommended

I found the HPScan.exe file and created a shortcut to Start. If you can't fix HP Scan and Capture...I'll just use the new shortcut and uninstall HP Scan and Capture.

HP Recommended

@joemaine

Thanks for the reply,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I give up.

I received the private message, researched the requested data, and tried to reply. I had a link in the message that forced a reset by your site; when I attempted to resend the message I received "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.