Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP deskjet ink 3835
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

The computer keeps telling me that there was a problem and the fax was not broadcast. How do I stop it?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@maya471

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

If you could let us know when does this error come up? A picture of the error would help. 

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It accured a week ago after I sent a fax which didn't succeede.

HP Recommended

@maya471

To begin troubleshooting, print a fax test report to identify any issues with the printer, phone line connection, or fax settings. On the printer control panel, locate Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report in the Fax or Setup menus.

Review the report for any tests that failed and follow any instructions provided.

Let me know what the report says.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your support. 

The fax report was okay, every thing passed well.

HP Recommended

@maya471

Redial the number and adjust sending settings:

Confirm the following dialing requirements and fax settings to help identify issues when faxes do not send. Fax setup and preferences settings are in the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel.

• Manually dial the fax number: From the printer, dial the number as if you are making a phone call, including the area code, the access code such as '9' to connect to an outside line, and the long-distance country code. If dialing with speed dial, confirm the saved number has required pauses between numbers (adding a dash between 9 and the area code, for instance).

• Lower the fax speed: Select the slow or standard setting.

• Turn off Error Correction Mode: Turning off this feature can improve sending success when the phone line quality is poor, but the image quality of the received fax might be unsatisfactory. If this must be turned off to send faxes, have the phone service provider check the line quality.

• Send the fax in black and white: If a color fax cannot be sent, the receiving fax machine might not support the feature.

• Confirm the dialing type (tone or pulse): Most phone lines use tone dialing.

• Enable error reporting: Turn on the Fax Error Reports feature to print a report if an error occurs when sending or receiving a fax. If the report includes a numeric error code, go to Fax Error Codes and Solutions.

Check the connection:

Check for phone line connection issues that might be causing failed sent faxes.

• Call the fax number you are to from a phonesending : If you do not hear fax tones, the receiving fax machine might be turned off or disconnected.

• Confirm the fax setup: There are two phone ports on the rear the printer labeled 1-Line and 2-Ext. Connect the phone line to the 1-Line port, and connect the answering machine to 2-Ext.

Go to HP Printers - How to Fax for steps to set up your printer.

• Check the phone line: Connect a phone to the wall jack and try to make a call. If the call fails or there is no dial tone, check if another phone or device is keeping the line open. Additionally, if you hear static, there might be interference from nearby electrical appliances (motors, fans, kitchen appliances, or televisions) and/or coax cables, or there is an issue with the line quality that requires attention from your phone service provider.

• Use the fax cord that shipped with your printer: HP fax-capable printers ship with a two-wire phone cord. If you are using a different cord, confirm the connector does not have four wires. Shorter, higher quality cords work better than longer cords of lesser quality.

Connector on a two-wire fax cord

• Remove other devices from the phone line: Devices such as answering machines, modems, or other telephones might cause faxing issues.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.