Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OFFICEJET PRO 9015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

The Fax Log gets full very very fast.

We've not found any way to access, modify or expand the "Fax Log" capacity .

As a result of the "Fax Log full" , we are not receiving faxes until it is cleared.

How can we increase the size/limitations for the "Fax Log"?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @JimmyBrans ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

@JimmyBrans wrote:

Hi,

The Fax Log gets full very very fast.

you must clear the fax log, see Users Guide, page 88.

@JimmyBrans wrote:

How can we increase the size/limitations for the "Fax Log"?

There is no way to increase the size of the "Fax Log".

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Andreas,

Thank you ....

I have to say that is HORRIBLE that we'll just have to clear the fax log or NOT GET ANY FAX's until we do

!@#$^^%&**(

What is HP possibly thinking to have this be the status quo?

I gave you a thumbs up for helping me be disappointed with HP ... LOL

Oh, come on HP don't leave us like this!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @JimmyBrans ,

Thanks for the answer.
But here you have misunderstood something.

Here some informations:

1. Reprint received faxes from memory
    The received faxes that are not printed are stored in memory.
    NOTE:After the memory becomes full, the printer cannot receive the new fax until you print or delete the faxes from memory. You might also want to delete the faxes in memory for security or privacy purposes.
    You can reprint up to 30 of the most recently printed faxes, if they are still in memory. For example, you might need to reprint your faxes if you lost the copy of your last printout.​

Remember: You can reprint up to 30 of the most recently printed faxes

2. Clearing the fax log also deletes all faxes stored in memory.

The solution is simple, print out the incoming faxes immediately. Change the backup fax settings to "On Error Only".

Please keep in mind that the memory is physically limited.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.