11-13-2019 12:01 AM
I would like to create and send faxes through my computer. I have lost this functionality. I can still send faxes directly through the printer.When I try to select the send fax button nothing happens. Sometimes, when I start up my computer I get a message that says scan to computer unavailable. I do not know if that is related to my issue. If I try, to use fax button from windows it wants me to select a fax modem and I do not know what to look for. I have run scan doctor and it was no help because the printer itself is working fine. I can print from the computer to the printer. All diagnostic tests pass. I appreciate any help I can get.
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-15-2019 02:37 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Refer the steps mentioned in this HP document to update- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee