Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7510 wide format
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I want to scan a document which is a page in a small booklet so I cannot use the ADF and using the flatbed usually works fine however I now get this message on the pc screen :

'No items were detected in the Automatic Document Feeder. Please place your originals into the Automatic Document Feeder and start the scan again.'

How do I solve the problem ie how do I let the scanner know that I'm not using the ADF?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use Apple Image capture instead till there will be updates for HP Easy Scan, this will allow scanning from both The flatbed or the ADF:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04788799

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please click the Apple icon and then About This Mac.

What is your exact OS version? is it 10.14 as listed or maybe 10.15?

HP Recommended

Yesterday I upgraded to macOS Catalina 10.15 but the same problem still exists.  As I needed to scan something urgently I got around the problem by taking a copy and then scanning the copy via the ADF however this is not a solution I want to continue with especially as I will need to scan my passport shortly.  Any help much appreciated.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use Apple Image capture instead till there will be updates for HP Easy Scan, this will allow scanning from both The flatbed or the ADF:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04788799

Shlomi

HP Recommended

If you use the Apple Image Capture instead as someone else suggested it works great and I really didn't find it to be an inconvenience. I keep it at my dock and just use it instead. It is found in your applications folder. Open it and click on details and then select how you want it to scan. 

HP Recommended

Thank you soooooo much that is really helpful info and I never knew about Image Capture (I'm not very techy as you can tell!)

HP Recommended

You're welcome. I didn't know until today either, but someone else had replied to your post and I followed his instructions. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.