3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Flatbed scanning

Officejet 7510 wide format
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I want to scan a document which is a page in a small booklet so I cannot use the ADF and using the flatbed usually works fine however I now get this message on the pc screen :

'No items were detected in the Automatic Document Feeder. Please place your originals into the Automatic Document Feeder and start the scan again.'

How do I solve the problem ie how do I let the scanner know that I'm not using the ADF?

6 REPLIES 6
Level 16
Level 16
25,603 25,333 4,543 9,872
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Flatbed scanning

Hi,

Please click the Apple icon and then About This Mac.

What is your exact OS version? is it 10.14 as listed or maybe 10.15?

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Boris35
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Flatbed scanning

Yesterday I upgraded to macOS Catalina 10.15 but the same problem still exists.  As I needed to scan something urgently I got around the problem by taking a copy and then scanning the copy via the ADF however this is not a solution I want to continue with especially as I will need to scan my passport shortly.  Any help much appreciated.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,603 25,333 4,543 9,872
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Flatbed scanning

Hi,

Please use Apple Image capture instead till there will be updates for HP Easy Scan, this will allow scanning from both The flatbed or the ADF:

https://support.hp.com/sk-en/document/c04788799

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
hdshutterwinks
Level 2
7 6 1 6
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Flatbed scanning

If you use the Apple Image Capture instead as someone else suggested it works great and I really didn't find it to be an inconvenience. I keep it at my dock and just use it instead. It is found in your applications folder. Open it and click on details and then select how you want it to scan. 

Boris35
3 2 0 1
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Flatbed scanning

Thank you soooooo much that is really helpful info and I never knew about Image Capture (I'm not very techy as you can tell!)

hdshutterwinks
Level 2
7 6 1 6
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Flatbed scanning

You're welcome. I didn't know until today either, but someone else had replied to your post and I followed his instructions. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation