cancel
TL19 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Frozen screen on HP 5510

Hi, my 5510 has recently become frozen on the "Geunuine HP Ink Cartridges Installed" and "OK" screen as described in previous posts. I have attempted all the steps mentioned in previous posts, yet the touchscreen is still frozen on the same page. Could you please post or send me the advanced reset instructions or any other method to rectify the issue.. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20237 20187 1319 2096
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Frozen screen on HP 5510

@TL19,

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP support Forums! 

I see that you are having issues with the printer screen freezing. Don't worry we'll work together to help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Is the printer screen freezing soon after powering on? 

Are you having issues only while printing? 

Did you try to update the printer firmware?

Before we could proceed with the reset instructions. I would suggest you try these steps here: 

Let's start off by updating the printer firmware, you can do this directly from the printer control panel or you can download the printer firmware from our HP support website, using this link.

For more details on how to update the printer firmware, please go through this link: HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Once done, restart the printer.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

We are going to provide you some additional steps via PM that are specific related to your product model. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation