Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICE JET PR0 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do you fax documents from your pc using HP Smart?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Currently, you must install the HP Basic Software or HP Full Feature software to fax from your computer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL51217/bi-124140-4/OJ8620_198.exe

Prior to installing the HP Software, you need to remove any instance of your printer from the Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

Also, right-click its background area and select Device Manager, be sure to remove any instance of your printer there (you will likely see it under Imaging Devices, Printers, Software Devices, WSD Print Providers...)

Soon, faxing from the computer will be possible using the HP Mobile Fax service with the HP Smart app, however, this feature is currently supported only from mobile devices.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Currently, you must install the HP Basic Software or HP Full Feature software to fax from your computer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL51217/bi-124140-4/OJ8620_198.exe

Prior to installing the HP Software, you need to remove any instance of your printer from the Control Panel > Devices and Printers.

Also, right-click its background area and select Device Manager, be sure to remove any instance of your printer there (you will likely see it under Imaging Devices, Printers, Software Devices, WSD Print Providers...)

Soon, faxing from the computer will be possible using the HP Mobile Fax service with the HP Smart app, however, this feature is currently supported only from mobile devices.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

There is one file I can't remove HP Officejet Prp Basic Device Software. 32.3.198.49673 12/31/2019. I need the file removal tool before I can proceed.

HP Recommended

What exact error is shown when you try to remove the HP Officejet Pro Basic Device Software?

HP Recommended

I should have written it down. Something about error in multiple files. It would start the removal and the error would pop up. I found a file on another thread on this forum with a Microsoft removal tool. The tool uninstalled the software and the registry entries. I had to select the software that I wanted to be removed. It took a while to uninstall the software. 

I tried the software you recommended. The driver did not fully load. I ran the scan doctor. The scan doctor found no software for the printer. I had the option to do a partial download or full download. I did the full download. The icon was not present on the desktop. I couldn't  print a test page. Scan doctor sent a signal to the printer to print from the printer. The printer printed. Scan doctor recommended uninstalling the software and reinstalling the software.

I am going to trying with the basic application.

I did find away to add  "HP Send Fax" using the software online for the faxes. Before I had an Icon smart print that a combination of print, scan and all the information that was included in the icon for the 8620 icon that is gone now.

HP Recommended

I have the HP Smart Task back just downloading the basic software. The Hp Smart Task is pinned to the Task Bar. The question is how do I go to any file on my pc and fax documents without printing them out and running them through the 8620.

HP Recommended

Try installing the HP Universal Fax Driver and check if that may resolve the problem:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL60874/UFD_JEDI-2.0.135-HPUFDDriver.exe

Once completing the installation, try printing to the newly added HP Universal Fax Driver, it should detect your printer.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I can't print now. There are three 8620 printers in the scan doctors two with the same ip address and one with a different ip address. I am going to uninstall the software and remove the printers. Start over.

HP Recommended

I uninstalled twice. I installed the partial and then the full version. I found the print by the ip address with an open browser each time I checked. With the partial version the printer does not show in the setting and with the full version there is also an error when I run scan doctor print error. Both cases 8620 with print the internal test page. Scan doctor recommends reinstalling the stoftware. 

HP Recommended

I will try it again checking the Control Panel and Device Manager closer. I have been using the software you recommended. It load up fast  and done. I also check the Microsoft Removal tool and Windows Applications before restarting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.