Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an HP 5540 Envy. I can print without a problem, but it stopped allowing me to scan documents - on the HP icon it said there was a new software in place and therefore that I needed to update. 

So I have tried multiple times to update the software unsuccessfully. 

Always, after having downloaded "HP Easy Start" and on the very final stage of installment, it says: "it is not possible to obtain information on the software. Verify your internet connection and try again".

My internet connection is fine, hence I am posting this message. 

I have some urgent scans to do so I have tried multiple times, with always this same outcome.

Is there anything else I can do? 

Many thanks

Isabel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MNCTD,

Good Day.  Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I understand that you require assistance regarding scanning from your computer. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂

Great description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. :). I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this to assist you:

• Did this happen after installing any recent apps or software changes?
  • Please provide the version of the Mac operating system being used to assist you better.

Meanwhile please perform these steps:

• Reset the Mac printing system from this link: http://hp.care/2s1Aa0C and then add the printer as an HP printer and not as Mac Airprint.
  • Then please download and install HP easy scan from this link: http://hp.care/2rQAuQJ it gives you steps on how to use it and download it from Apple Itunes.
  • You could also use the apple image scan utility to scan. This link shows you how.

Please perform these steps one step at a time and check each time if the issue gets resolved. If it does not, only then proceed to the next step.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MNCTD,

Good Day.  Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. I understand that you require assistance regarding scanning from your computer. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂

Great description and splendid diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. :). I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this to assist you:

• Did this happen after installing any recent apps or software changes?
  • Please provide the version of the Mac operating system being used to assist you better.

Meanwhile please perform these steps:

• Reset the Mac printing system from this link: http://hp.care/2s1Aa0C and then add the printer as an HP printer and not as Mac Airprint.
  • Then please download and install HP easy scan from this link: http://hp.care/2rQAuQJ it gives you steps on how to use it and download it from Apple Itunes.
  • You could also use the apple image scan utility to scan. This link shows you how.

Please perform these steps one step at a time and check each time if the issue gets resolved. If it does not, only then proceed to the next step.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the help! The resetting of the mac printing system worked.

When adding the printer as an HP printer and not as an mac airprint, the software of HP Envy 5540 was not one of the available options to choose from. I tried the option available of HP Envy 5640 and it worked out.

Thanks again,

Isabel

HP Recommended

Hi @IMNCTD,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.