Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I recently purchased a HP7520 all in one unit and am trying to scan multiple pictures into one file and am not being prompted to "scan another image".  The only prompts I am getting is to either save or cancel.  Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning multiple images into a single file from the front panel can only be done using the Document Feeder.

To scan multiple pages from the glass you must scan from the HP Software..

Click Start > All Programs > HP > HP Photosmart 7520 folder and click the Photosmart 7520 icon.

Click Scan a Document or Photo.

Select the PDF shortcut.

Make sure the Scan Preview is checked and the resolution is 300 DPI or lower, next click on Scan.

You may scan additional pages by replacing the page and clicking the Plus icon to scan the next page.

Once you are done, click the Save button to complete the scan job.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning multiple images into a single file from the front panel can only be done using the Document Feeder.

To scan multiple pages from the glass you must scan from the HP Software..

Click Start > All Programs > HP > HP Photosmart 7520 folder and click the Photosmart 7520 icon.

Click Scan a Document or Photo.

Select the PDF shortcut.

Make sure the Scan Preview is checked and the resolution is 300 DPI or lower, next click on Scan.

You may scan additional pages by replacing the page and clicking the Plus icon to scan the next page.

Once you are done, click the Save button to complete the scan job.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

All set.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

We are trying to set us our 7520 all-in-one to scan multiple photos. Our old machine would scan into a preview screen and each photo would have a box around it. Made scanning thousnds of family photos an easy job. This machine will scan more than one photo but doesn't allow me to send all photos on the glass to a file. Can you please tell me how to make this happen?

HP Recommended

@jdspirit, sorry that you are having this problem trying to have your photos saved to different files from the glass. 

This particular printer software doesn't allow that to occur. Some older model printers have that particular feature, but this printer does not, sorry. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Can the 7520 be set to

1.  Email scan

2. Select PDF instead of TIF, etc.

HP Recommended

Hello LBell1921,

I'm not sure what OS you are using, but you should be able to select your OS, and then the document you select, will have the instructions on how to do what you are asking.

Please let me know if this helps.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

How/why would HP suddenly remove such features as autodetecting the placement and sizes of multiple photos on the glass (or even single ones in the case of the 7520) that users have utilized and relied upon on products as much as ten years old? 

@Rudy1906 wrote:

@jdspirit, sorry that you are having this problem trying to have your photos saved to different files from the glass. 

This particular printer software doesn't allow that to occur. Some older model printers have that particular feature, but this printer does not, sorry. 

HP Recommended

Hey JoeTwoPointOh,

I am not part of the teams in HP that makes product/software decisions.  However, I would like to help provide you with a workaround solution to your issue.  Please take a look at the information in the link provided below:

http://francoismalan.com/2013/01/how-to-batch-separate-crop-multiple-scanned-photos/

This will show you how to batch scan and separate photo files using GIMP which is a free downloadable software.

Hope this helps,

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

@jason_h wrote:

Hey JoeTwoPointOh,

I am not part of the teams in HP that makes product/software decisions.  However, I would like to help provide you with a workaround solution to your issue.  Please take a look at the information in the link provided below:

http://francoismalan.com/2013/01/how-to-batch-separate-crop-multiple-scanned-photos/

This will show you how to batch scan and separate photo files using GIMP which is a free downloadable software.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Thanks. Here's the bigger question: What model HP all in one rinter still has both an ethernet connection available and the ability to auto-detect nd batch scan photos from the glass? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.