Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 8028

New printer,  On first scan from paper to image printer sends email with code and allows scan and sends scanned doc to email.

On second attempt to scan, inserting paper in feeder and then selecting "SCAN"  then selecting "EMAIL" results in a spinning circlethat continues for several seconds then returns to the home menu with no errors logged.    Restored factory defaults and repeated same process with exactly same result.   Checked upgrade status and no available upgrades.  On third try after selecting "SCAN" with documents loaded in adf,  printer advises the setup of webservices, prints the webservices page and returns to home.  Selecting SCAN again resulted in " There was an internal processing error. Please retry or manually check the firmware updates".

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Tiredofthistoo

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To help you further with this, let us know the Operating System installed on the device your Printer is connected to.

Go through this document though it is for LaserJet printers: https://www.support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03953891

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still not working..... I am trying to SEND TO EMAIL so I am unsure how the operating system is relevant.   The computer where the email sits, well I have an ipad, a mac and a windows system.  It does not change the behavior.

I find that if I reboot it does not help.  If I UNPLUG and leave for several seconds and replug then it will give me the option  to enter an email to send to for the first scan.  For scans there-after it just  SPINS after selecting "Scan to email" until it returns to home OR throws the error as up above.

HP Recommended

Still not working..... I am trying to SEND TO EMAIL so I am unsure how the operating system is relevant.   The computer where the email sits, well I have an ipad, a mac and a windows system.  It does not change the behavior.

I find that if I reboot it does not help.  If I UNPLUG and leave for several seconds and replug then it will give me the option  to enter an email to send to for the first scan.  For scans there-after it just  SPINS after selecting "Scan to email" until it returns to home OR throws the error as up above.

HP Recommended

@Tiredofthistoo

Are you able to print from these devices to the printer?

Check the communication between these devices.

Also, try making a standalone copy and check if that works to check the hardware functionality of the scanner mechanism.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Set up the outgoing email profiles to scan 

1. On the Windows PC, open the HP Full-featured driver/printer assistant
  2. Double-click Scanner Actions, and then double-click Scan to Email Wizard.
  3. Click New, and then follow the onscreen instructions.

You may also setup this feature from the EWS page of the printer.

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. Go to Scan > Scan to Email > follow the on-screen instructions.

Once the setup is complete, you will see an option to test it.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My computers are all iOS/MAC.  Not windows.

I am able to print to the printer from all computers without issue and from mobile devices.

I checked for updates and there are none, it is current. MALBECPP1N001.1921A.00 This device is brand new and I updated right after install but I did check again tonight.   That said, the options you suggest are not available.  There is no scan to email option .  Just scan to computer and it shows thus.  There has not been anything done to disable these features.  hpscreen.jpg

HP Recommended

@Tiredofthistoo

It seems like HP Utility is not installed on your MAC. 

Search for HP Utility, If HP Utility is not available, download and install the install the printer essential software from here

Once installed, you may try the steps mentioned in my previous post.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

New 8028 will not Scan, spinning wheel  then error message

HP Recommended

@leftywright, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'd like to know the following-

• Are you trying to scan to email?
  • What is the Operating System installed on your computer?
  • Are you able to make photocopies on the printer?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Trying to scan to email....macOS Catalina,can make copies and print...try to scan , spinning wheel then nothing,,,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.