Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 8600 Plus
iOS

I too have a HP 8600 plus, which I've been owing for several years now without a problem. Today, out of no where in the midst of printing, I get a message stating "paper jam", after searching FOREVER for this paper jam that didn't exist. I turn my unit back on and am greeted with the new message stating "improper shutdown". Yep you all know the drill, I click "ok" and back pops up the "clear paper jam" message again. I search online and try all the cleaning, disconnecting the printer for 30 mins from the wall,  as well as all the other recommendations out there. NOTHING WORKS.. Now I notice my ink cartridges doesn't want to move like it normally would, but will move perfectly fine with my hand gently pushing it back and forth from side to side. One of the recommendations said to do a network reset, which I struggled to do opening and closing the front panel enough times to quickly be able to click the option "restore network setting". MISTAKE.... Now not only can I not clear my printer of the stupid error messages, now my computer won't talk to my printer. Can anyone help asap?? I can not be without a printer and will need to purchase a new one tomorrow if I can't get this fixed tonight. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ladym2020

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

This seems like a hardware issue with the printer. Connecting the printer to the wireless network will not help unless the hardware of the printer is working fine.

Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document to resolve a paper jam and carriage jam issue.

If the issue persists, please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.