Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
no1oldgeezer
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 9015 Office Jet Pro,, Pro's and Con's for turning machine off when idle for several days .

Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am an infrequent user of my HP 9015. Other than energy consumption, are there any pro's and con's to turning the machine off when to be idle for several days vs. leaving on and in sleep mode ?  Example, negative effect on ink cartridges or ink system and cycling the start-up sequence ? 

1 REPLY 1
Level 13
Level 13
6,152 6,122 494 1,039
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 9015 Office Jet Pro,, Pro's and Con's for turning machine off when idle for several days .

Hello, 

I'd suggest to power off the printer instead of let it go into SLEEP MODE if i'd not use it for more than 1 day.

You may have to press the ON button to power off the printer instead of unplugging the power cord from back of the printer.

if you decide to not use the printer for more than a 15 days, then i'd suggest you to remove the ink cartridges and put them in air tight container, and then power off the printer.  

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation