Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (2,052 Views)

HP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 4615 failed to scan to my computer

Sir,  

My printer - HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 4615 is all new purcahsed and everything is functioning well expect scan to computer is not working.Im using a hp laptop ( OS : windows 7 ultimate(64 BIT)) and tried connecting using a usb cable where printing and all other job done expect scanning was failed !  While I try to scan to my computer it shows an error message displaying "Scan communication could not be established.." ! I tried to solve the problem using HP Print and scan doctor, but the problem did not get solved. I even tried each and every step provided in hp website for troubleshooting and yet the problem did not solve ! My computer is enabled and shows on the printer control panel. I have uninstalled and reinstall from the HP Disc. I start scan and it says "preparing to scan" on the display. Then it shows Scan could not complete Connection to computer has been lost or OCR app is not installed on computer. I tried upgrading then whole software and reinstalling but nothing succeeded !

Im using a hp laptop ( OS : windows 7 ultimate(64 BIT)) and tried connecting using a usb cable where printing and all other job done expect scanning was failed ! please help me solve the problem as im badly i need of scanning to my computer !

Please help me !

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 5 (2,024 Views)

Re: HP DESKJET INK ADVANTAGE 4615 failed to scan to my computer

[ Edited ]

Hello Rasna_s, and welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience!

I see you are experiencing scan issues.  I would like to help.

I would suggest Uninstalling the Printer Software.

Once it is uninstalled, I would suggest putting your system into clean boot mode within the Microsoft configuration.  You can do so by following this document: How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

Once the computer is in clean boot mode, I would suggest reinstalling the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 5 (2,010 Views)

Im sorry, I followed all the above step but still could not be resolved ! same issue exist !! :( 

What could be the other reason ?

Retired
Message 4 of 5 (1,996 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Rasna_s, and thanks for the response!

I would recommend following this document on 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' ...

Please let me know how it goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
Student
Message 5 of 5 (786 Views)

I am experiencing this problem currently and my printer said OCR not installed. So I tried registering the IRIS OCR that's on my computer only to find out I have pay an annual subscription. So I ditched that.

Instead, this worked for me -

I looked for my Printer settings, found in Connected Devices, and started scanning from there. It worked!!! 

It downloads in your default photo and videos folder. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation