Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
DeskJet 2135
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought a new HP DeskJet 2135. I downloaded the appropriate software and I was able to scan and even see the scanned document in the HP Printer Assistant but when I go to save a message saying "File not found. Check file name and try again".

I have tried many file names and even reistalled updated software. Still having the same issue. Can someone help please??

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Once scanning, please click the Notifications icon at the system tray and review the shown notifications:

1.jpg

If you may see HPScan.exe getting blocked by Windows Defender, follow the gear icon to add it as an exception (it is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Deskjet 2130\BIN) and then try scanning again.

From my experience, a such would likely occur due to Windows Defender blocking the HP software.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi. I'm having the same problem as the user above and I've spent hours going through all of the troubleshooting methods and still no resolve. Printing and copying works but my scans won't save. Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.