1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DeskJet 2135 - Can not save scan

DeskJet 2135
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought a new HP DeskJet 2135. I downloaded the appropriate software and I was able to scan and even see the scanned document in the HP Printer Assistant but when I go to save a message saying "File not found. Check file name and try again".

I have tried many file names and even reistalled updated software. Still having the same issue. Can someone help please??

2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
25,043 24,679 4,449 9,522
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Once scanning, please click the Notifications icon at the system tray and review the shown notifications:

1.jpg

If you may see HPScan.exe getting blocked by Windows Defender, follow the gear icon to add it as an exception (it is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\HP Deskjet 2130\BIN) and then try scanning again.

From my experience, a such would likely occur due to Windows Defender blocking the HP software.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Lsr93 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I'm having the same problem as the user above and I've spent hours going through all of the troubleshooting methods and still no resolve. Printing and copying works but my scans won't save. Please help

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation