omle619
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DeskJet 3830 document feeder as default scan source

HP DeskJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I just bought this HP DeskJet 3830. Most of my documents are printed on legal sized paper and I wanted to try out scanning some documents using the document feeder. Unfortunately, when I pressed "scan" on the printer, it scanned a blank image from the flatbed.

I tried scanning from my laptop using the HP Smart app and it did the job. But I hated the fact that I had to go back and forth from my laptop to the printer just to scan those documents. What I want to know is how can I make the document feeder the default document source for the scanning function of my printer? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,012 4,999 264 209
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP DeskJet 3830 document feeder as default scan source

@omle619

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Set scan preferences:

Change settings in HP Scan before you complete a scan job.

1. Select a Scan Shortcut, such as Save as PDF or Email as JPEG.

NOTE: 

To save or email a multi-page scan as a single file, select a PDF shortcut. Multi-page JPEG scans save as separate files.

2. Select the Show Viewer After Scan check box.

3. If your printer has both a document feeder and scanner glass, select Document Feeder if loaded under Source.

4. Make sure the other settings such as Page Size, Color Mode, and Page Sides match your scan job.

NOTE: 

If you want to scan both sides and 2-sided scanning is not an option, you can add pages to your scan later.

5. Click More to change advanced settings, such as Resolution (ppi), Orientation, Destination, and File Name.

Follow this document for further help: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03466081

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation