Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I learned how to scan one page, but now have 6 pages to scan into a document.  How do I do this?  I tried calling the printer tech support- they transferred me to someone else (at an initial $60- which I don't think I should have to pay for a new printer).  I have an Acer using Vista 64.  Thank you, Pam

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Hi pamelas25,

The is an Add/Remove button to add additional scan pages to your scan document. If you do not see the Add/Remove button lower the DPI setting, and let me know if you still need assistance?

IMAG0143.jpg

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, my screen does not look like that.  I was going to show you, but I can't copy/paste on this (or use the 'insert from Word" either).  any other suggestions since that didn't work?  Thanks, Pam

HP Recommended

Hi pamelas25,

What is the DPI scan resolution are you using?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I had the same problem with a 1050 J410a. After you scan the first page, there should be two ver, very tiny buttons on the bottom right of the preview pane on the left side. You can add a page by clicking on the one with the plus on it, the one to the left.

Now, if it is saving them as multiple pages instead of all pages to one pdf document, you have to go to the advanced settings link on the main scan window by clicking on ADVANCED SETTINGS. Got to the file tab and uncheck the box that says CREATE A SEPARATE FILE FOR EACH PAGE. The added pages will then all go into the same document.

Now, if you do not see the very, very tiny button to add pages after scanning the first page with the above-mentioned box unchecked, you have to go back to the main windown and click on the RESTORE DEFAULTS button.  After you do this and scan the initial page, the button to add pages should be there, and they will all be added to the one document when it is saved.

I had to figure this out for myself after HP tech support refused to help me with it because the printer was out of warranty. GOODBYE HP!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your reply was helpful but after I follwed what you said about lowering dpi, I still can't see the "add pages". Does HP deskjet 1010 come with multiple pages scan?

HP Recommended

if you do not see the very, very tiny button to add pages under the preview window after scanning the first page, you have to go to the main windown and click on the RESTORE DEFAULTS button.  After you do this and scan the initial page, the button to add pages should be there, and they will all be added to the one document when it is saved.

HP Recommended
Yes, it works after clicking restore default. The add page button is too tiny for anyone to notice, especially so for old people.
HP Recommended
I seemed to have missed this response from you and just forgot about this! I haven't scanned much since this, but am wanting to scan photo's in- so will check these suggestions out soon. Thank you!
HP Recommended

hi.. I am having similar issues- scanning more than one page in one document... I cannot see the restore default button.. I am using a mac computer.. please can someone help.. thanks in advance

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.