Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My HP ENVY 5530 won't scan.

When I try to scan, it sort of starts the job, but it gets stuck at 'Now scanning'. It will stay like this for hourse, days if I let it.

My computer and printer softwares are up to date.

I tried to scan operating the scanner fro 1) my computer; 2) the printer/scanner; 3) the HP website (https://hpfc15b472f75e.local./#hId-pgWebScan)

nothing works...

txs

Maryse

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Maryse7608

A warm welcome to HP forums! This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand you are not able to scan and I'll be glad to help you out. However, for an accurate solution, I would need more details:

Are you able to copy documents?

How is the printer connected, USB or Wireless?

Let me know!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

The printer is connected to my computer through wifi.

No I cannot use the 'copy' function. when I try, the message 'Now copying... 1/1' displays and it gets stuck like this... forever.

txs

Maryse

HP Recommended

@Maryse7608

Thanks! Power resetting the printer and updating the printer firmware may resolve the issue, let's try these steps:

1) Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector

2) Remove all of your ink cartridges from the printer and close the door

3) Remove the power cord from the back of the printer (Do no press the power button)

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer

5) Wait for the printer to turn on completely, then install the ink cartridges.

6) Use the steps available here to update the printer firmware.

7) Try to copy a document.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I did exactely everything  you said, all 7 steps, and the outcome is unchanged, meaning when I try to copy it gets stucked at 'Now copying...'

BTW the printer was already up to date.

thank you again

maryse

HP Recommended

@Maryse7608

You are welcome!

Let's check the scanner bar functionality. Could you lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy icon and check if the scanner light moves.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issues as the original poster  ... printer is up to date ... I lifted lid slightly and do not see a light.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.