cancel
debgilby Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 5664 Scan to email stopped working

My issues are EXACTLY the same as Maggie's.  All wirless scanning features work fine but NOT the scan to email, which worked fine on the night of 10/3/18.   I get the 'scan was successful' message and no error messages, however the email is never received. HELP- what changed with HP on Oct 3? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,478 4,662 304 283
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@debgilby

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums.

It's possible that the printer is not able to connect to web services, updating the printer firmware, assigning a manual IP and Google DNS may resolve the issue. Let's try these steps:

Please ensure the printer is up-to-date with its firmware. If you are unsure, you can download and install the latest firmware update from here.

Once you are up-to-date with the firmware, please set a manual IP address and manual DNS servers for the printer. The steps on how to set a manual IP address can be found here.

For the DNS servers please use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Master's Graduate Master's Graduate
Master's Graduate
586 530 17 172
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We are actively investigating problems that some of our Scan to Email users are having with the service, and will provide an update as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, as an alternative the HP Smart app proivdes a Scan to Email option that may be compatible w/your HP Printer. 

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation