Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello there, 

after months of waiting HP updated the HP Easy Scan software to 1.9.3, that I downloaded and installed, because on other websites they wrote that with the update to 1.9.3. the scanning is working. But I still have the problem that scanning to my computer still doesn't work.

In the community I can´t find a actual solution, only the way with the image capture.

Can I only wait for a new update from HP? 

Thanks to all!

Best greetings 
Meli271

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

macOS 10.15.3 (released 1/28/2020) contains the fix for HP Easy Scan.  Once updated HP Easy Scan will be able to scan from the glass or the ADF as normal.

Scan to Computer is also fixed with 10.15.3.

I did notice that if the printer is in sleep mode, some times an error will be reported.  But if you wake the printer by inserting a page in the ADF or touching the screen you will be able to scan normally.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

You will have to wait for a future update, HP Easy Scan is not supported on Catalina and a solution will be provided in the future:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06455960?openCLC=true

As a workaround, you may try setting scanning to a shared folder on your Mac or to Email, if the printer is connected to your Mac through a network, that will allow scanning from the printer front panel.

Assuming it is connected through the network, please let me know and I will guide you on how you may set up a such.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

macOS 10.15.3 (released 1/28/2020) contains the fix for HP Easy Scan.  Once updated HP Easy Scan will be able to scan from the glass or the ADF as normal.

Scan to Computer is also fixed with 10.15.3.

I did notice that if the printer is in sleep mode, some times an error will be reported.  But if you wake the printer by inserting a page in the ADF or touching the screen you will be able to scan normally.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I am sorry for the late answer, but thanks to you, now the scan works normally. 
best regards 

Melanie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.