Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Easy Scan at Mac Catalina does not currently working

Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hello there, 

after months of waiting HP updated the HP Easy Scan software to 1.9.3, that I downloaded and installed, because on other websites they wrote that with the update to 1.9.3. the scanning is working. But I still have the problem that scanning to my computer still doesn't work.

In the community I can´t find a actual solution, only the way with the image capture.

Can I only wait for a new update from HP? 

Thanks to all!

Best greetings 
Meli271

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
26,442 26,166 4,664 10,275
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

You will have to wait for a future update, HP Easy Scan is not supported on Catalina and a solution will be provided in the future:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06455960?openCLC=true

As a workaround, you may try setting scanning to a shared folder on your Mac or to Email, if the printer is connected to your Mac through a network, that will allow scanning from the printer front panel.

Assuming it is connected through the network, please let me know and I will guide you on how you may set up a such.

Regards,

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Level 9
Level 9
714 680 60 190
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

macOS 10.15.3 (released 1/28/2020) contains the fix for HP Easy Scan.  Once updated HP Easy Scan will be able to scan from the glass or the ADF as normal.

Scan to Computer is also fixed with 10.15.3.

I did notice that if the printer is in sleep mode, some times an error will be reported.  But if you wake the printer by inserting a page in the ADF or touching the screen you will be able to scan normally.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
Highlighted
Meli271
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I am sorry for the late answer, but thanks to you, now the scan works normally. 
best regards 

Melanie

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation