Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@embers23

You are welcome and thank you for your message. 🙂

I'm afraid the HP Easy Scan may not work with the inbuilt drivers. However, the Apple Image capture should work fine. This is the best workaround for this issue as of now. 

Please keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

iMac computer, HP Officejet Pro 8600.  All software updated.  HP Easy Scan installs itself each and every time.  Updated because older version would not batch.  New version will not batch.    

HP Recommended

Copy and scanner functions stopped working  using printer controls as well as Aple Image Capture and HP scanner software.  The printer still works. I've reset to factory setting, deleted and reinstaled drivers, etc, but still no scanniner or copy functions, just printing.  Please advise. Thanks! 

HP Recommended

I have to use Apple Image Capture until someone sorts this out.

Very poor service and support

Mike

HP Recommended

@mutro

Thanks for posting on the HP Support Forums page. 🙂

I read that you have an HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer - D110a and the copy and scan functions do not work. Printing still works fine. You have factory reset the printer, deleted and reinstalled the drivers but the issue still persists. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the printer connected to a surge protector or to a wall outlet?
  • Do you see the scanner bulb light glowing in the printer when you try to make a copy?
  • Did any updates happen for the printer recently?

Meanwhile, I did some research and suggest you to perform the following steps:

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector. Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

If the scanner bulb does not glow while copying then it is a hardware failure with the printer and you need to contact HP phone support to explore the hardware service option for the printer. 

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

@mikegunill

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response,  but the steps suggested did not work.  The HP scanner app still does not recognize the printer and the copy function still does not work.  As before, when the printer hangs forever after not scanning nor copying, pressing the power button stalls the printer at "Shutting Down..." so I have to unplug to power off.

To answer your questions:

• Is the printer connected to a surge protector or to a wall outlet?  Wall
  • Do you see the scanner bulb light glowing in the printer when you try to make a copy? Yes, it glows when activating
  • Did any updates happen for the printer recently? No

HP Recommended

@mutro

You're welcome. I appreciate your valuable time in troubleshooting the issue. 🙂

I have sent you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please perform a reset and then try to make a copy.

Hope this helps. Let me know. Thanks again! 

HP Recommended

still no go...

HP Recommended

Hi @mutro,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you have already tried resetting the printer back to the factory settings and still having the issue with HP Easy scan, don't worry we'll try few other steps which should help to resolve this issue,

Let’s first try to reset the printing systems and check.

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click System Preferences.
  • Click Printers and Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click Reset printing system.
  • Click Reset in the confirmation window.
  • Enter an administrator username and password, and then click OK.
  • Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
  • Click the Add button (+).
  • Find, and then select the name of your printer from the Printer list, and then click Add to add your printer.
  • Click Print Using..., and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

Let's give it a try and let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.