Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7855
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I usually scan a 35 page  pack/document at 600dpi at the office, resulting in a document smaller than 13MB. I recently purchased the HP Envy 7855 for my home office, scanning the same 35 page pack results in a 21MB only at 300dpi! Making it impossible to upload to my docusign website.   Please let me know how to change this settings so I can upload. Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Cesaret, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Are you using the color scanning option or grayscale?

Color scanning will increase the file size while choosing the grayscale option can reduce the file size.

Also, you can follow the steps below:

1. Open the PDF file that you want to reduce the size for in Preview app (typically Preview is the default PDF viewer in Mac OS X * but if not you can find it in the /Applications/ folder of Mac OS)
  2. Pull down the “File” menu and choose “Export”

Export a PDF to compress the file size in Preview app for Mac OS X

3. Select the submenu next to “Quartz Filter” and choose “Reduce File Size”

4. Save the new reduced version of the PDF as usual by hitting “Save”

Reduce File Size filter in Preview app for PDF files

(Note: you can also access Quartz Filters through “Save As” with new versions of Preview for Mac OS, but the File > Export trick works for prior versions of the app as well. 

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your help. Yes, I have the settings as grayscale, I just tried with your instructions and this was the result:

😞

Screen Shot 2019-07-29 at 3.12.07 PM.png

HP Recommended

@Cesaret

I am trying to get to a possible solution to this issue. Will write to you once I have the solution.

Thank you 🙂

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, right now I'm trying at 600 resolution and will reduce the size per your same instructions in order to see the results

HP Recommended

@Cesaret

Sure. Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again, the results using a 600 resolution and reducing file size were exactly the same. 

HP Recommended

The problem is not reducing the size; the problem is most emails will not except more than 10mb.  the file will not be sent.  I am returning mine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.