08-22-2016 06:29 AM
I found these to be helpful.. For some reason my antivirus changed some settings inside Windows Server 2012 R2... I hope this helps as it did me.. IF not look at the last update or program that was installed.
08-22-2016 11:51 AM
Yup, that second link is the one I posted as well because it was the most useful. Except now we get to check out the "en-gb" version =)
Thanks for sharing, the first link is one I either hadn't seen or had forgotten about.
FYI I have had no further issues with scanning and I still have the m276nw at home.
09-12-2016 05:37 PM
From the below linked page:
"You can use the name (instead of the IP address) in the server name field only if the shared folder is on a Windows computer in the same local network."
In my case, the printer was on a different subnet, and even with the DNS server specified, it would only work via the IP address. We chose to reserve the IP address of the target PC in DHCP.
No registry modifications were needed.
09-28-2016 01:35 PM
Late to this thread, i have a MFP 426FDN and what we found out is that it ONLY scans to a first level shared folder so
\\Computer name\Sharename,,,,,that's it,,,,i cannot go deeper like a real network share \\Servername\topfolder\folder\folder\Folderto scan.
It stops, this is some crappy way to make you buy the higher models so it can actually scan deeper folders, it's not a technology issue, it's software related and i'm probably sure it could be fixed in a firmware but will they do it?
10-09-2016 06:42 PM
I have the M477fdn on Windows 10 pro x64 (latest version as of 10/09/2016) and had the same problem as others here. The folder was set up as a shared folder called "scanned" under public documents. The path was \\PC_Name\Scanned
It was reachable from all computers on the network. Everyone had read and write access and I got the same error trying to access the folder from the printers web interface set-up.
What finally worked for me was setting up a user account for the printer on the PC hosting the sharred folder. I really didn't want to have to do that because now there's a whole user account just for a printer but... it works now.
Once the user account was set up, I put the user name and password in the printer's web based set up page for setting up access to the network folder (accessed through the printer's IP) hit save and test and it passed the test.
I've only run one scan test before writting this. We'll see if it sticks.
01-30-2017 08:56 AM
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Centre
on left menu select ...changed advance sharing setting
go to Private (current profile)
Under HomeGroup Connection
select ...2nd option......Use user account & password to connect to other computer
save changes...that's all
03-20-2017 03:25 PM - edited 03-20-2017 03:26 PM
** FIXED **:
I tried everything in this answer and numerous others. Also spent 100+ minutes on phone with HP support to no avail.
What fixed it for me was a slight change in how you enter the log-in authentication for the Network Folder setup.
I had been trying just the user name in the user name field and then the regular password in the password field. But the username needed to have the machine name in front of it for mine to work, so:
username: Bill Smith = FAIL
username: \\Bills Computer\Bill Smith = SUCCESS
You do need the slashes as I've entered them. If you need your computer name, go to Start, right click 'Computer', then select 'Properties'. Computer name will be about 2/3 of the way down. That's for Win7. Other OS will be a little different.
Hope that helps!
05-04-2017 02:48 AM
That's a shocking level of support from HP!
I am having the same issue with an HP Laserjet 400 MFP (M425dw) printer. Scan to network share does not work when trying to scan to a share on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Server.
I created the exact same share on a windows 2008 r2 server and the scanning works perfectly fine.
I suspect HP do not cater for Windows Server 2012 R2 network shares on their printers.
07-23-2017 10:09 AM
I've been having this issue where I could not scan to my Server 2016 share and have tried endlessly to figure out why it was happening. Sure enough, looking through this thread seeing the SMB1 being disabled being the culprit, I went into the registry of the server, enabled SMB1 and disabled SMB2, and like magic, the scanning is now working. I think it's utter crap that we have to resort to going back to a less secure version of SMB than having HP put out a firmware fix to utilize SMB2. I have a feeling WannaCry is partly related to when they released a Windows Update to disable SMB1. At least that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.