Thunderguy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276n Scan problem (color lines instead of document)

HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276n
Other
Hello Everybody!
I've bought HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP M276n mainly for scan to directory and email feature. My personal doesn't have any time to turn on mfp every time, so I keep it turned on all the day, of cause it goes to sleep mode every time. That is a problem, after waking up my scanner works incorect. Instead of document it scan color lines only. After turning mfp off and than on, my scanner works perfect. My problem that scanner works fine until it goes to sleep mode, after returning from sleep mode sometimes scanner doesn't work. Please help me!
11 REPLIES
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2603
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Thunderguy,

I see that you are experiencing issues scanning, after the printer wakes up. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Update the printer's firmware. HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276n.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below.

If there is anything else I can help you with, just let me know. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
Thunderguy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried all that you have listed here, but with no luck. I called suport team by phone and also they sugested me to reset nvram, but i have no luck with this, i get color lines instead of scaned document after my mfp wakes up. Please solve my problem.

0 Kudos
drego85 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI,
I have also the same problem. After waking scanning generates PDF or JPG with colored stripes.

Example:

If you restart the printer all comes back to work correctly, I also did a reset but nothing changes. I have the latest firmware 20150212.

Please let solve the problem, it is annoying!
Andrea

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2603
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @drego85,

I read your post and see that you are getting colored lines when scanning. I would like to help you out today.

Do you have the same results when you copy?

Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector) This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Also to see if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

drego85 Top Student
Top Student
5 0 1
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Gemini02 wrote:

Hi @drego85,

I read your post and see that you are getting colored lines when scanning. I would like to help you out today.

Do you have the same results when you copy?

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Also to see if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support for further assistance. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Thank You.

Hi,
yes even in the copy I have the same problem.

The printer is connected directly to the current, with its original cable. I try to change cable?

Anyway I did reset NVRAM, If the problem persists will let you know.

Thank you

Andrea

0 Kudos
Highlighted
EdStan Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have exactly  the same problem and it does not make any difference whether I initiate scan from software on computer or direct from printer. Unplugging the printer and restarting it is the only thing that works.

Drivers are up to date.

What else can I try?

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2603
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @EdStan,

I understand that you are having the same issue with colored lines when you are scanning. I will do my best to assist you with this issue.

I can send you a private message for the printer's reset to try.

If you appreciate my efforts, please click the 'Thumbs up' button below. Have a nice day! Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
Thunderguy Honor Student
Honor Student
3 0 0
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've made reset, but with no luck

0 Kudos
Retired
Retired
16806 1039 2603
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for letting me know @Thunderguy.

This is certainly a peculiar issue that you are having. It almost sounds like a power connection issue, but if you have the printer plugged directly into a wall outlet then that would rule that out. I would still try another power cord, a monitor power cable will work, just to see if you have the same results. You could always connect the printer to another outlet on another circuit and try to copy to see if it makes a difference. I have seen this help with other issues.

If the issue continues, please Contact HP Support to have the printer serviced. Even if your printer is Out of Warranty, you might have an option  to Trade in the printer. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance. Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation