Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbphilly Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LaserJet M680 Corrupts PDF during Scan to file ever sense the switch went from Cisco to Brocade.

HP LaserJet M680
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

An HP LJ M680 which was connected to a cisco switch for over a year and working without issue had it's switch upgraded to a brocade switch, the port was configured as necessary and the printer was able to print and copy without issue and had a connection to the domain seemingly without issue. But when asked to scan to file it would error out and produce a corrupt PDF in the scan folder that is unusable. No one is sure how this has happened and the network team that replaced the switch is certain they configured the port correctly. I am just looking for any info on what could have caused this and or what could be done to fix it as the brocade switch is a permanent change. 

2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,447 2,439 277 344
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LaserJet M680 Corrupts PDF during Scan to file ever sense the switch went from Cisco to Brocade.

There is a front USB port so the user can scan directly from the printer to USB drive.

Scan a document to a USB drive and check will it be corrupted or readable, that will eliminate possible network problem if the pdf file scanned directly to a USB drive will also be corrupted.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Professor
Professor
2,496 2,169 194 388
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

error out with what message? As stated, test a USB scan to confirm the 680 is able to produce a document. If it does I would suggest you clear the scan location and input information again for the scan to folder location.

Find this information helpful? Please click Kudos or tag as solution. I am not an employee of HP but a current field service tech with 20+ years real world experience troubleshooting and fixing HP Imaging hardware.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation