Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Our printer is used in a small 15 person office. Scanning and copying capabilities have suddenly stopped working. We've tried the following:

1. Turning off/unplugging device/reboot
  2. Uninstall & Reinstall of drivers
  3. HP Print and Scan Doctor

The HP Print and Scan Doctor provides these results after using the Fix Scanning feature:

• Windows (WIA) Scan Error: The Scan process was cancelled by the user.
  • HP Twain Scan Error: The Scan process was cancelled by the user.
  • HP Scan: Successful

Note: I did not personally cancel the processes resulting in the Scan Errors.

When Scanning:

The scan dialogue shows a progress bar and then shows the preview pages as 0/0.

When Copying:

Display says "Calibrating" with a loading screen before returning back to the home menu. Usually there is a progress bar of the item being scanned. The scanner itself doesn't seem to react/move when Copy is pressed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks, Gemini02. We called HP and determined that the bulb had burnt out. We will be getting a replacement under our warranty. I wonder if there are printers that can notify you when something like that has happend, like when toner needs to be replaced.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @dquach,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I see that you are experiencing issues scanning and copying. I would like to help you resolve this issue. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say thanks for my effort to help, click the " Thumbs Up " to give me a Kudos. :generic:

Thanks for providing all that detailed information. It sounds more like a hardware issue, since you can't copy.

I would do a hard reset to see if that will help with this situation.
Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector.
This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.

Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.

Check if the scanner bulb glows.

Also to see if the scanner moves freely across the glass.

Update the printer's firmware if the issue persists, LJM127-M128_HPDeviceUpdateSetup_20150228.exe

Try and make a copy again. 

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

Please let me know the outcome and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thank you.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks, Gemini02. We called HP and determined that the bulb had burnt out. We will be getting a replacement under our warranty. I wonder if there are printers that can notify you when something like that has happend, like when toner needs to be replaced.

HP Recommended
please send me an email for the perfect solution thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.