1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP MFP M277fdw Unable to scan from HP Smart App

Dell XPS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP MFP M277fdw connected to my computer through a USB cable and have been having problems trying to scan from it via the HP Smart App. When clicking on "Scan" on the HP Smart App, the app pops up a message saying "HP cannot scan from this printer."

I have updated the drivers with the latest drivers available from HP's driver software page, have tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor with no success, rebooted both the computer and the printer, and still no success. I have successfully been able to print from other scanning applications and features built into Windows, leaving the HP Smart App as the only app unable to detect the scanner on my printer. I'm unsure what the problem could be.

Please advise, thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,882 7,869 584 609
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP MFP M277fdw Unable to scan from HP Smart App

@CLWC, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand you have issues with scanning. I'd suggest you follow the steps below-

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

If the issue persists, try uninstalling the HP Smart App and reinstall it. Configure the printer and try scanning.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation