Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus and it doesnt explain how to do multiple page faxes. can anybody help please.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is from page #61 of its manual:

You can easily send a single- or multiple-page black-and-white or color fax by using the printer control panel.

NOTE: If you need printed confirmation that your faxes were successfully sent, enable fax confirmation before sending any faxes.

TIP: You can also send a fax manually from a phone or by using monitor dialing. These features allow you to control the pace of your dialing. They are also useful
when you want to use a calling card to charge the call and you have to respond to tone prompts while dialing.

To send a standard fax from the printer control panel

1. Load your original print-side down on the right-front corner of the glass or print-side up in the ADF. For more information, see Load an original on the scanner glass or Load an original in the automatic document feeder (ADF).
2. Touch Fax.
3. Enter the fax number by using the keypad.

TIP: To add a pause in the fax number you are entering, touch * repeatedly, until a dash (-) appears on the display.

4. Touch Start Black or Start Color. If the printer detects an original loaded in the automatic document feeder, it sends the document to the number you entered.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

How do I fax MULTIPLE pages with the Officejet Pro 8600? The manual gives intructions on how to fax a single page. I have receipts taped to paper. I need to fax these in for expenses. No problem on previous machines. I tried the auto feeder and paper jammed. Please help.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, the receipts are going to jam. They are not supported paper for the ADF. You could fax them individually from the scanner glass though.

I hope that helps.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP

Sammantha, Printing Agent

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

@millicia, sorry that you are having a problem with sending multiple faxes on your printer. 

You will need to send them through the top Automatic Document Feeder. You said it gets jammed. Try to clean the rollers at the top of the feeder. 

How many pieces of paper are you putting in the top feeder for it to jam?

See if you can put 5 blank pieces of paper through the top and make copies, and see if it gets jammed.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Also you can try a hard reset on the printer. You woud do this by leaving the printer turned on and unplugging it for thirty seconds. Make sure it's plugged directly into a wall outlet.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP

Sammantha, Printing Agent

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi millicia,

If you have the printer software installed, you can go the the HP Printer Assistant and select "Send a Fax".  You can then scan individual pages from the scanner glass and compile them before sending the multiple pages as a single fax.

Hope this helps.

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Is there a way to send a multiple page FAX from the glass using the printer control panel?  I know you can do it thru the ADF or using the printer software, but is there a way using the glass and the printer control panel?

HP Recommended

Hi Bcope01,

I looked at the manual for this printer it only has the capability to send multipage faxes from the ADF not the glass. Here is a link on Faxing.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02921161

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

THE FEADER ON TOP DONT WORK. IS THERE A WAY TO FAX MORE THAN ONE PAGE FROM THE SCANNER GLASS 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.