03-15-2017 05:56 AM
My scan function has stopped working on my HP 7500a E910 Wide format printer.
It is connected by USB but when it tries to establish a connection it just says 'Could Not Compelte Scan'.
I do't know if this is related to it but also when I try and print a document it says 'Unable to Communicate with printer' and wants me to cancel the print, but then it prints the document out anyway.
I'm not very computer savvy so any help would be appreciated!
03-15-2017 05:39 PM
Hello, @Carol1231 - Hope you are well
Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
Going through your post, I understand that you are facing the issues while scanning as well as while printing. This looks like an issue with the printer drivers. Do not worry, I will help you fix the same
Let’s start by performing a clean install to try and fix the issue. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34809/mp-109374-3/OJ7500_E910_1315-1.exe to install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and then try scanning and printing.
Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am an HP Employee
03-20-2017 05:40 AM
I have tried that but it still not working
Its saying printer connection unsuccessful and please check the cable connections and try again.
I've taken the cables out, put them back in again, changed the usb hole that I put the printer into and its still not working
03-20-2017 06:47 PM
Thank you for replying,
I appreciate your time and efforts,
As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having the issue, don't worry as I have a few other steps which should help you to resolve this concern,
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
- Have you checked if the unit can make a standalone copy? If ‘YES’ then it means the scanning hardware of the All-in-One works fine.
- Does the scanner bar move when you open the lid & press the copy button?
- Does that scanner bulb light up?
- Is the full version of the HP SW installed or just the basic drivers (only full version has full scan capabilities).
Please respond to this post with the details for further assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.
If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.
And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.
I am an HP Employee