10-18-2017 03:00 PM
My HP OfficeJet 6600 will not scan using HP Easy Scan on my Mac, nor will it simply make copy. This seems similar to an issue I experience a month or so ago, when it insisted on scanning from the flatbed, because it did not recognize when I placed an item in the sheetfeeder. That issue "magically" disappears, though I suspect perhaps a firmware update resolved the issue.
I see LOTS of people having this problem, and I've tried the hard reset, etc. Need a little help here.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-20-2017 06:54 AM
Hello, @MWHJR – Hope you are well 🙂
Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
I see that you are facing issues while making scans or copy from your Officejet printer. Let’s start by performing a power drain on the printer. Here are the steps:
- Remove the cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Now, try making a copy on the printer and check. Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.
Let me know if that helps!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
10-20-2017 12:51 PM
Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂
This was more of a hardware trouble with the power supply unit, hence a software could not fix the issue and we are required to perform a hard reset to fix the same.
Visit us again if you have any concerns!
Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂
I am not an HP Employee
02-19-2018 05:40 PM
Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to print or scan on HP OfficeJet 6600 Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue.
However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,
- When did this issue start?
- Did you do any changes on the printer?
- Which operating system is installed on the computer?
- Are you getting any error message while printing?
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer.
Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee